GBCORP announces completion of its 2nd summer internship program
Global Banking Corporation B.S.C (c) (GBCORP) announces the completion of its 2nd summer internship program as part of its training initiative to develop prospective banking executives of the future.
Twelve young interns studying at universities from around the world were selected to be part of GBCORP’s 2nd summer internship program. The age group of the trainees ranges between 19 and 23 years and they come from the following universities:
• The George Washington University - USA
• University College of Bahrain - Bahrain
• AMA University - Bahrain
• University of Bahrain - Bahrain
• New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) - Bahrain
• Bahrain Institute of Banking and Finance (BIBF) - Bahrain
• American University of Beirut - Lebanon
• The Kingdom University - Bahrain
• Ahlia University - Bahrain
GBCORP’s internship program allows trainees the opportunity to develop not only Investment banking industry exposure but also to learn and develop new skills. During the program trainees learnt what it's really like to work in the financial services industry; gaining a unique insight and understanding that cannot be achieved by research alone. They learnt how companies are positioned in the industry, who the big players are, as well as the latest trends and industry forecasts. This all provided the trainees with invaluable experience when considering a career in the financial services industry while also providing opportunities for college students to map out their career paths by gaining hands-on experience, skills and knowledge.
According to Mr. Nabeel Rabeea, Head of Human Resources, GBCORP believes in encouraging and empowering young talents. “We are dedicated to supporting the youth in their quest to contribute effectively in building nations. The summer training program was the right platform where interns could experience the real world and explore career opportunities available to them once they graduate”.
“We were quite impressed by the interaction and professionalism of the young trainees,” added Mr. Rabeea, “and will be looking forward to the next year’s summer program”.
Global Banking Corporation B.S.C. (c) (“GBCORP”)
Global Banking Corporation B.S.C. (c) (“GBCORP”) is an Islamic investment bank incorporated in the Kingdom of Bahrain in June 2007. GBCORP pursues a dynamic business model, primarily focusing on the core business areas of private equity, real estate and infrastructure development, asset management, advisory services in corporate finance and capital markets and portfolio management services, backed by a management team with a cumulative experience and expertise of more than 30 years in international banking.
GBCORP’s shareholders and members of the board are prominent personalities, representing the leading business institutions from within the region and bring a wealth of liquidity and sectoral expertise to the organization.
GBCORP’s business strategy is to build on the region’s positive economic outlook, capitalizing on new opportunities to transcend global boundaries and serve as a unique accelerator for investments from within the GCC to markets in the MENA region, Asia and North America.
- GBCORP Tower welcomes Neovartis as its newest tenant
- 100 UAE National Students Successfully Completed ADIB’s Summer Internship Program
- Masdar Institute announces six-week summer internship program for UAE nationals
- UAE national graduates urged to submit applications for Masdar Institute summer internship program before 3 May
- GCC Interns and The S&T Group Launch Gulf Region Summer Internship Program