GCC chief condemns US sanctins on Syria
Secretary General of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), Abdulrahman al-Atiyah stated that the US decision to impose sanctions on Syria is "unacceptable" and contradicts with the Arab desire for achieving stability and security in the region.
"Syria is one of the political stability pillars in the region, and we should support it", al-Atiyah said in a statement to the Kuwaiti al-Anbaa’ newspaper published Friday.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Ban Ki-moon condemns Daesh capture of Jordanian pilot
- Israeli strike on Syria: UN meeting ends without vote, US doesn't condemn
- GCC-US summit: Arab security chiefs convene in Washington, as Vienna meeting revisits nuke framework
- Nasrallah condemns US sanctions on Syria
- Al-Azhar chief says Daesh murderers deserve to be 'crucified'