GCC interior ministers express rejection for all types of terrorism
The interior ministers of Arab Gulf Cooperation Council countries (GCC) concluded Sunday in Kuwait their 23rd periodic meeting.
In a press statement read by the GCC Secretary General Abdulrahman bin Hamad Al-Atiyyah, the ministers stressed their support for all measures taken by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to confront "terrorist acts perpetrated by some deviating terrorists," praising Saudi security bodies for foiling a number of "terrorist" acts which are alien to GCC societies and have nothing to do with Islam.
The ministers lauded the Kingdom for its desire to host an international conference on combating terrorism in February, 2005.
The ministers renewed their rejection of terrorism in all its forms. They decided to intensify contacts, cooperation and coordination among GCC various security bodies, SPA reported. (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Saudi interior minister arrives in Kuwait for GCC meeting
- Egypt's arty types vs the Brotherhood: this year's showdown
- Joint Press Conference of Qatar’s Minister of State for Interior Affairs, Interpol President
- Saudi Interior Minister receives US combating terrorism coordinator
- GCC security heads to hold meeting on combating terror