GCC Summit Brings Yemen Closer
Leaders of the six nations of the Gulf Cooperation Council decided at their summit in Oman to include officials from Yemen in three of the GCC ministers’ councils.
Yemen will join future meetings of the GCC health ministers’ council, the GCC Arab Education bureau, and the GCC labor ministers’ council. In addition, Yemen will also compete with Gulf nations in the Arab Gulf Football Cup.
Yemen has been striving for several years to gain membership in the Gulf Cooperation Council. (www.albawaba.com)
- Arab Summit Brings Kuwait, Arafat Another Step Closer to Reconciliation
- Time to invest closer to home? Why the GCC countries are urged to pump their money into an Arab 'Marshal Plan'
- Jordan’s King Abdullah ‘fully committed’ to defending Yemeni leadership
- Oman Joins Gulf Backers of Arab summit
- Executive Bureau for Council of GCC Health ministers to meet