General Organisation of Sea Ports Introduces Polytechnic Students to Bahrain’s Maritime and Logistics Industries
A group of around 25 students learned about Bahrain’s history, capabilities and future in the maritime and logistics industries.
The Bahrain Polytechnic students, undertaking a summer course, visited the General Organisation of Sea Ports (GOP) offices in Hidd, where they were met by representatives of both the maritime and logistics directorates.
An introductory presentation about the objectives and the role of the GOP was made by head of business development, Mr. Bassam Ameen, at the Bahrain Logistics Zone, followed by a briefing on the GOP’s objectives in developing the Kingdom’s maritime industry given by GOP maritime advisor, Mr. FR Chowdhury. Commercial Affairs officer Ms. Fatima Awadh gave a presentation about Bahrain’s history and importance in sea ports, followed by a detailed presentation about the Bahrain Logistics Zone (BLZ) by Mr. Ameen.
Mr. Hassan Ali Al Majed, Director General, GOP said, “As part of our awareness and education programme, we were pleased to welcome the Bahrain Polytechnic students to the GOP in addition to briefing them on our activities. We are keen to further grow the interest among Bahrain’s youth in the maritime and logistics sectors as these are strong areas for future employment and development.”
Photo caption: The group of students with Mr. Ameen (second row, far left), Ms. Awadh (second row, third from left) and Mr. Chowdhury (3rd row, far right) and Bahrain Polytechnic officials in a photo call following the presentation.
- KFH-Bahrain in association with injaz Bahrain launches the 4th annual Bahrain Sophia antipolis mentorship programme
- Bahrain’s General Organisation Of Sea Ports Launches Major Initiative To Celebrate World Maritime Day 2010
- Bahrain’s Seafarer Awards Ceremony
- The Ggeneral Organisation of Sea Ports signs up for Injaz Bahrain programme
- Bahrain's General Organization os Seaports honors more than 50 Bahraini seafarers