General Secretary of Arab Economic Unity Council denounces US pressures on Syria
The General Secretary of the Arab Economic Unity Council Ahmed Juweili has stressed the Arab Public pride over Syria’s national stances towards all Arab causes.
In a statement to a SANA reporter in Tripoli Sunday, Juweili denounced the American pressures against Syria in the framework of the so-called "Syria Accountability Act", emphasizing that these pressures are illegitimate, illegal and rejected by all Arabs.
Juweili further expressed his appreciation over Damascus’ role in the Council and the great support of President Bashar al-Assad to the Council's works. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Nasrallah condemns US sanctions on Syria
- Former Egyptian Minister Appointed New Secretary for Arab Economic Unity Council
- Damascus Radio: Syrian President’s diplomacy will gain support for Arab causes
- Moroccan parties express support in Syria stances
- GCC states withdraw monitors from Syria as Arabs look for UN support