German held in Iran
A German national has been in an Iranian prison since early January on charges of trying to enter the country illegally, the Berlin foreign ministry said Saturday.
The spokesman told reporters that the German embassy is discussing with the Iranian government the circumstances surrounding the detention of the 22-year-old man and what can possibly be done for him, KUNA reported.
The German magazine Der Spiegel reported that the man was "suspected of acting as courier for the outlawed Muslim fundamentalist organization led by the Metin Kaplan, known as the Khalif of Cologne."
The group was banned in Germany last December. (Albawaab.com)
- German charge d’affaires summoned by Iran over “fingerprint” plans
- Iran Court to Rule Next Week in German Conference Trial
- Here's to hoping: UAE, Germany hopeful Iran's nuclear dispute will be permanently resolved
- Iraqi Man Reportedly in Illegal Detention in Pakistani Prison
- Iran, U.S. hold nuclear talks in Munich