Two German diplomats fired on in Saudi
Two German diplomats on a visit to the Eastern Province on Monday came under fire from unknown gunmen, the Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported.
SPA quoted a police spokesman as saying the diplomats survived but their car was burned. No other details were immediately available.
Authorities were investigating the rare incident, which took place in the town of Awamiya on Monday evening, said the report.
A Reuters report from Berlin said the German Foreign Ministry has confirmed the attack.
“I can confirm that there was an incident during a drive out in the country. The car was shot at and it caught fire. There were no injuries. The embassy in Riyadh has launched an investigation,” a ministry spokesman was quoted as saying.
- Saudi Arabia: Gunmen open fire on car carrying US nationals, Two armed suspects killed in Taif
- Saudi diplomat shot dead in Pakistan
- Lie back and think of Israel! Sex diplomat Tzipi Livni under fire for her rumoured pro-Palestinian bedroom romps
- Das ist wunderbar! German fire truck driver on 5-year around the world trip in Oman
- Taliban Says No Diplomatic Visits to Foreigners During Investigation