Germany, UAE, Russia Biggest Exporters to Iran Last Year
Goods worth $4.3 billion were imported into Iran in the last Iranian year, which started March 20, 2000, the Persian daily Iran reported on Tuesday.
The official Iranian news agency, IRNA, cited the daily as saying that the figures show increases of 20.6 percent and 13.1 percent in terms of weight and value, respectively, compared to those of the preceding year.
The imports were 49.8 percent from Europe, 34.6 percent from Asia, 10.8 percent from America, 3.1 percent from Oceania and 1.7 percent from Africa, the report said.
It further noted that Germany, the United Arab Emirates, Russia, Italy and South Korea, which accounted for 10.5 percent, 8 percent, 6.4 percent, 6 percent and 5.1 percent, respectively, of the imports, were last year's top five biggest trade partners of the country.
Iran is struggling to cope with a devastating drought and trade sanctions imposed by the US for the Islamic republic's alleged role in sponsoring terrorism – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iran Denies Cancellation of Cosmetics Exhibition
- GERMANY SET TO INCREASE FASHION EXPORTS TO THE MIDDLE EAST
- Report: UAE biggest Arab investment exporter
- Business meets politics: Germany’s arms exports to Egypt, Saudi Arabia and UAE raise 'harrowing questions'
- Iran burning $7billion to lead World's 'gas club'