Girl killed in Ethiopia clashes between police, students
Clashes between police and student demonstrators left one girl dead and hundreds arrested in protests Monday against disputed Ethiopian election results, police said.
Students at Addis Ababa University campuses had defied a government ban against demonstrations. Police charged into crowds to grab protesters and beat some with batons during the first public protest against the May 15 legislative elections in which the ruling party retained power.
- Reports: Four Killed in Clash between Students, Police in Lagos
- Tehran: Police clash with demonstrators as blast reported at Khomeini shrine
- Reports: Iranian police clash with anti-government demonstrators
- More Clashes Erupt between Jordan University Students and Police
- Jordanian Police Crack Down on Students’ Anti-Israel Rally