Girl Killed, Five People Wounded in Grenade Blasts in East Sudan
A 12-year-old girl was killed and four other people were wounded in several grenade attacks earlier this month in a Sudanese city near the border with Eritrea, a newspaper reported Tuesday.
The authorities were investigating the attacks, which occurred October 9-11 in Kassala, Al Ayam daily said, hinting the authorities suspect Sudanese rebels based just across the border in Eritrea.
The independent daily said a grenade went off in a Kassala residential area on October 9, killing a girl and wounding a woman and a man, while another grenade exploded on October 10 in another neighborhood, injuring three men.
It said a third grenade went off on October 11 in yet another part of the city, causing no casualties – KHARTOUM (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Five Children Killed, 22 others Wounded in Grenade Attack
- Concealed Grenade in Sudan Kills one Person, Wounds two Others
- US soldier, Iraqi killed in blasts as seven people wounded in attack on Mosul building
- Five Iraqis wounded in Baghdad attack as US soldier killed in rocket attack; At least nine Iraqis killed in Najaf, Kufa
- Seven People Killed in Rebel Attack on Bentiu, Sudan