Girl stabbed in Oman school bus
A six-year-old schoolgirl was stabbed while she was sitting in a school bus in Oman’s capital of Muscat.
Reports said Shriya Sudheer, a Grade I student of the Indian School Muscat, was slashed in the neck and throat while she was sitting in the bus on her way home.
Various rumors regarding the reasons behind the tragic incident have been circulating. Some speculated that the girl was wearing a gold necklace, which prompted someone to attack her and steal it. However, her father denied that she was wearing any expensive gold.
"Except small studs in her ears, she was wearing no jewelery," the girl's father, told Gulf News Tuesday at the Khoula Hospital, where the girl is recuperating from her wounds.
The school’s principal confirmed the incident but said it took place outside the school premises. "I really don't know what could be the reason for someone to stab a six-year-old," he said and assured there was enough security measures inside the school. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Polish Teacher Allegedly Cuts Throat of Student Hindering Romance
- Five Israelis Killed in Three Separate Attacks; Bomb Explosion in Palestinian School; Israeli Raids on PA Targets
- Egyptian Minor Kills Schoolmate with a Cutter
- Israel Assassinates Senior Aide of Tanzim Leader Barghouti; Hamas Rockets Hit Israeli Town; Air Raids on PA Targets
- Ahmad Barada prepares for the big day with Halla Shiha