GITEX 2001 to Support Palestinian Information Technology
GITEX 2001, to be held October 14-18 at the Dubai World Trade Center, will host numerous Palestinian companies, including the country's largest software house, which will participate with the support of the Palestinian Information Technology Association (PITA), said a press release.
Successful privatization of Palestine's telecom sector and relative stability have allowed the IT sector to explode, according to the statement.
Palestinian government sources said the country's IT sector, which took off in the mid 19990s, had been expanding at an estimated 25-30 percent annually since 1998.
They said Palestine's young and vibrant IT firms had focused on developing quality products for the local market over the past few years, and were now ready to attract regional and international market attention to their products and services.
"GITEX is designed to support the growth and development of IT throughout the Middle East, and we are delighted that this year's event will accommodate many companies from Palestine that will enable them to reach new markets and showcase their strengths," said the statement.
"The exhibition provides them with an ideal opportunity to build on their successes and continue to strengthen and expand the country's IT sector," said Ibrahim Al Hashemi, corporate manager of exhibitions at the Dubai World Trade Center – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- GITEX 2001 to Feature Wireless Internet Connectivity
- egypt expands role on global technology stage
- Through its participation in Expotech 2006 - The Palestine Information and Communications Technology Incubator (PICTI) to announce new projects and p
- Gitex Regional Expansion In Hyderabad Inks 6th Edition Of Gitex India
- Worldwide IT Spending to Reach US$ 1.48 Trillion