Governorate of Karak Assembles Economic Development Council in Cooperation with SABEQ Program
Active members of the Karak community, in conjunction with the Governor’s office in Karak, have assembled a 13-member economic development council charged with synchronizing efforts and initiatives between the communities in the governorate and the USAID-funded Sustainable Achievement of Business Expansion and Quality (SABEQ) program.
The members of the council have backgrounds in the prime economic sectors in the governorate including agriculture, textiles, medical, education and vocational training and have always been involved in developing the economy in the governorate.
Achievement of SABEQ’s principal goals in part lies in its ability to prompt local government to assume a more active role in promoting and sustaining their own economic growth. To achieve this, SABEQ has concerted efforts in the governorates of Irbid and Karak to increase local government understanding of the important role the private sector plays in the local economy, as well as the impact that local government initiatives can have on economic development.
The USAID-funded Sustainable Achievement of Business Expansion and Quality (SABEQ) program is a broad economic development initiative implemented by BearingPoint, Inc. and a sizeable team of international and Jordanian partner firms. By both supporting improvements in the business environment and providing assistance to expand innovation and productivity in Jordanian businesses, to support the main objective of building up the private sector as a powerful engine of economic growth.
- USAID & JFBPW distributes the “Export Toolkit” to businesswomen
- JAPM, Int@j and USAID collaborate to reinforce ICT Diffusion in the Pharmaceutical Sector
- SABEQ Program and Members of the Irbid and Karak Communities set Preliminary Action Plans for Local Economic Development
- A&E Council and SABEQ Program Collaborate to Build Council’s Members Capacity
- Policy Committee of Karak Economic Development Council Receives Technical Assistance on Advocacy Practices