Governor's Son was Among Palestinians Killed in Clashes with Israeli Forces
The son of the governor of the West Bank town of Nablus was among those fatally wounded Saturday in violent clashes with Israeli forces, his family said Sunday.
Jihad Al-Aloul, 20, was shot in the head on Saturday in Nablus, where dozens of Palestinians were injured, and taken to hospital in Jerusalem, where he was declared clinically dead.
The Monte Carlo Radio announced Sunday noon that has died.
A total of 23 Palestinians have been killed in bloody battles with Israeli soldiers and police in Jerusalem and throughout the West Bank and Gaza Strip since Friday.
Hundreds more have been wounded in the violence which erupted on Thursday after a controversial visit by Israel's right-wing opposition leader Ariel Sharon to a site in Jerusalem sacred to both Jews and Muslims – (Several Sources)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Eleven Killed, Almost 300 Wounded on Fourth Day of Israeli-Palestinian Clashes
- Palestinians Conditionally Accept Ceasefire, Sunday’s Death Toll Rises to 12
- Nine Palestinians Injured in Clashes with Israeli Army in Gaza
- 26 Palestinians Slightly Injured in West Bank, Gaza in Clashes with the Israeli Army
- Two Arab Israelis Died of Gunshot Wounds from Clashes