Grandson of Khomeini moves to Iraq
The grandson of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, founder of Iran's Islamic Republic, was reported Tuesday to have left the holy city of Qom to live permanently in the Iraqi holy city of Najaf.
Grandson Hussein Khomeini, 46, is living at present at the Najaf house in which his grandfather lived for 13 years before returning to Tehran upon the overthrow of Shah Mohammed Riza Pahlavi in 1979, Asharq Al Awsat newspaper reported.
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Report: Grandson of Ayatollah Khomeini slams Iranian regime
- Iran celebrates 35th anniversary of 1979 Revolution
- Iran president-elect renews allegiance with late founder of Islamic Revolution
- Ayatollahs Wage War on Internet: Montazeri.Com Vs. Montazery.Com
- Iran leader calls to stop US ''savagery'' in Iraqi city of Najaf