Grenade Blast Kills Two in Sanaa Market
A disgruntled employee in a market in old Sanaa on Thursday tossed a grenade at his boss over unpaid wages, killing himself and another person, witnesses said.
The employee died when he picked up the grenade again and it exploded, also killing a municipal worker cleaning the Souk al-Milh salt market.
Five bystanders were wounded, the witnesses said.
Armed confrontations are not uncommon in Yemen, where tribal law still dominates in large swathes of the rugged country and the population remains heavily armed – SANAA (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Grenade explodes in Yemen general's courtyard; motive unclear
- Deadly explosion rocks northern Yemen: at least two killed
- Accidental grenade blast kills two in Yemen
- Three killed in Kirkuk market blast as first Dutch soldier dies in Samawa; Baghdad: Russian killed; two taken hostage
- Sudanese Man Kills Himself, Two Police In Grenade Blast