Group threatens to continue attacks in Qatar
An unknown group, which has claimed responsibility for Saturday's suicide bombing that killed a Briton in Qatar, on Tuesday vowed to hit churches and "crusader" military bases in the region.
"We claim responsibility for the historic Qatar operation, carried out by a lion of the Army of the Levant," a statement posted on a Web site used by Islamists said.
Addressing what it called "the supporters of the devil," the group warned "America, Britain and Italy and all those who have defiled the lands of Islam be ready for the grand surprise." "The Qatar operation is the beginning," it added.
- Unknown Islamist Group Claims US Destroyer Blast Was Suicide Bombing
- Islamic group threatens to launch attacks in US, Britain, Japan or Australia
- Al-Qaeda-linked group vows more attacks in London
- Al-Qaeda inspired group claims responsibility for deadly Ismailiya attack
- US marine dies from ''non-hostile'' cause as al Qaeda-linked group claims killing of IGC chief