GULF AIR AND SHANGRI-LA’S BARR AL JISSAH RESORT & SPA SIGN AGREEMENT
Gulf Air and Shangri-La’s Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa, the newly opened five star facility in Muscat, Sultanate of Oman, have entered into an agreement.
The agreement facilitates Gulf Air to hold its annual conference and other important events at Shangri-La’s Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa.
“We chose Shangri-La’s Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa as an important venue for Gulf Air conferences and events for several reasons,” says Gulf Air Head of Sales Mahfood Al Harthy.
The state-of-the-art conference facilities, the unique location and the superbly appointed 680 luxury rooms perfectly fit in with Gulf Air’s requirements as an international airline with the biggest network in the Middle East connecting Europe, Far East, Africa and the Indian sub-Continent. We foresee plenty of business opportunities in Oman in the coming months.
Oman is one of the two strategic partners of Gulf Air and with more flights operating out of Oman from this summer, passenger traffic into and out of Oman is bound to grow.
Besides, the sustained marketing strategies adopted by the Government especially the appointment of market-based representatives in major European countries has resulted in the increasing flow of tourists to Oman and the infrastructure development in Oman’s hospitality sector, notably the recently opened Shangri-La’s Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa, has complemented the robust tourism growth of the country.
"Shangri-La’s Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa is delighted to welcome Gulf Air’s worldwide Sales and Marketing conference to our recently opened, spectacular new resort," says Shangri-La’s Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa General Manager Desmond Hatton.
With three differentiated hotel products, a Shangri-La branded Chi Spa, 500m of “lazy river”, three private beaches, a wide selection of very high quality food and beverage outlets, a dive centre, marina, 1,000 seat open air amphitheatre and Omani Heritage Village the resort will, when fully open, increase the five star room category by 60 per cent, add great variety to culinary opportunities in the city and present a state of the art Conference and Banqueting facility with a capability of hosting functions up to 1,000 persons.
"The partnership of Shangri-La’s Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa with Gulf Air, as two very high profile organisations within the tourism sector, greatly raises the profile of Oman as a tourist destination and we look forward to a long and fruitful business relationship," concludes Hatton.
About Gulf Air
Founded in 1950, Gulf Air, owned by the Kingdom of Bahrain and the Sultanate of Oman, is the only truly Pan Gulf carrier in the Middle East region.
The regional, geographic and cultural values that the airline has embraced over more than half a century are still central to defining its brand and service ethos.
Today the airline’s network stretches from Europe to Asia and covers 50 cities in 30 countries. The fleet comprises 34 aircraft and has the distinct advantage of possessing the strongest network across the Middle East.
A platform for sustained commercial operation has been established over the past three years as part of a multi-phased turnaround programme. It has also provided a framework for a succession of innovative products and services including the unique Sky Chefs and Sky Nannies that form part of Gulf Air’s ’smart airline, successful business’ vision.
International recognition has been achieved as a result of the turnaround programme leading to numerous awards for the airline’s innovative and high quality products and services: These include:
• Best Onboard Catering in First and Business Class (Skytrax World Airline Catering Awards 2005)
• Best designed in-flight magazine (American Creativity Awards,2005)
• Middle East Leading First Class Airline (World Travel Awards 2005)
• World’s Leading Airport Lounge (World Travel Awards 2005)
• Middle East & North African Platinum Best Airline (MENA Travel Awards 2004
• Most Improved Airline (Skytrax Awards 2004)
• Middle East First Class Airline (Arabian Business Awards)
• Best new product launch for in-flight services (PAX international Readership Awards)
• Best First Class Onboard Food (Skytrax Food Category 2004)
• Best Business Class Check-in (Skytrax Check-in Category 2004)
• Middle East region’s best airport restaurant for its restaurant in Bahrain International Airport lounge (PAX International Readership Awards 2005)
Official Airline and Sponsor of the Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix 2006
- Omanoil announces historical financial performance at Annual General Meeting
- OMAN'S MINISTER OF TRANSPORT TO INAUGURATE GULF AIR CONFERENCE
- Director of sales and marketing appointed for new Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai
- GULF AIR CHIEF TO ADDRESS PRESTIGIOUS TRAVEL AND TOURISM CONFERENCE IN OMAN
- Details on Oman's Barr Al-Jissah resort project