gulf air appoints new acting vice president for technical
Gulf Air has announced the appointment of Jeffrey Solomon as the new Acting Vice President Technical.
Mr Solomon, who brings with him more than 20 years of aircraft technical experience, took charge of his position this week.
Educated to degree level with a post graduate qualification in aircraft reliability and statistical analysis, Mr Solomon began his career at British Airways and held company authorisations for the certification of a number of aircraft types.
In the last 10 years, Mr Solomon, who hails from the UK, has been running his own Consultancy firm, Aviation Support Group and Aircraft Technical Services (ASG), providing advice on aircraft maintenance and repair to various aircraft operators, maintenance organisations, insurers and financiers.
“We are delighted to welcome on board Jeff,” says Gulf Air Acting President and Chief Executive.
“He is well qualified and experienced and, I am sure we will be able to draw upon his vast aircraft maintenance experience and expertise.”
About Gulf Air
Founded in 1950, Gulf Air, owned by the Kingdom of Bahrain and the Sultanate of Oman, is the only truly Pan Gulf carrier in the Middle East region.
The regional, geographic and cultural values that the airline has embraced over more than half a century are still central to defining its brand and service ethos.
Today the airline’s network stretches from Europe to Asia and covers 50 cities in 30 countries. The fleet comprises 34 aircraft and has the distinct advantage of possessing the strongest network across the Middle East.
A platform for sustained commercial operation has been established over the past three years as part of a multi-phased turnaround programme. It has also provided a framework for a succession of innovative products and services including the unique Sky Chefs and Sky Nannies that form part of Gulf Air’s ’smart airline, successful business’ vision.
International recognition has been achieved as a result of the turnaround programme leading to numerous awards for the airline’s innovative and high quality products and services: These include:
• Best Onboard Catering in First and Business Class (Skytrax World Airline Catering Awards 2005)
• Best designed in-flight magazine (American Creativity Awards,2005)
• Middle East Leading First Class Airline (World Travel Awards 2005)
• World’s Leading Airport Lounge (World Travel Awards 2005)
• Middle East & North African Platinum Best Airline (MENA Travel Awards 2004
• Most Improved Airline (Skytrax Awards 2004)
• Middle East First Class Airline (Arabian Business Awards)
• Best new product launch for in-flight services (PAX international Readership Awards)
• Best First Class Onboard Food (Skytrax Food Category 2004)
• Best Business Class Check-in (Skytrax Check-in Category 2004)
• Middle East region’s best airport restaurant for its restaurant in Bahrain International Airport lounge (PAX International Readership Awards 2005)