GULF AIR REPEATS WINNING STREAK IN SKYTRAX AWARDS
Gulf Air has been named as the Best Airline for its 'Onboard Catering Excellence' in the Skytrax Awards.
By winning the award, Gulf Air has repeated its winning streak, not just once, but three times. Last year, Gulf Air won the Skytrax World Airline Catering Awards 2005 for 'Best Onboard Catering in First Class and Business Class' and the PAX International Readership Award for 'Best New Product Launch in In-flight Service' at the Middle East Catering Conference.
"It is indeed a great achievement for Gulf Air," says Gulf Air President and Chief Executive James Hogan.
"The award comes at the right time when Gulf Air has launched its new business strategy, Smart Airline, Successful Business. We will spare no efforts to keep up the goodwill we have earned in the aviation industry."
The award reiterates the fact that Gulf Air is passionate about maintaining its world class standards when it comes to catering- be it our unique Sky Chef or Sky Nanny products or the range of food we offer onboard that have set new standards in in-flight services in the aviation industry, says Gulf Air Head of Inflight Services Michael Kent.
"It is not an easy feat to repeat our success,” he said.
Skytrax Awards provides the most prestigious recognition of outstanding quality excellence for product and customer service delivery across today's world airline industry.
“The introduction of onboard chefs by Gulf Air a couple of years ago set a new benchmark for onboard catering standards. Whilst this is concentrated on the premium end of the aircraft, the concept has resulted in a much more notable improvement to Gulf Air onboard catering standards across all cabins, and deserved merit for this accolade," notes Skytrax.
These independent awards are the result of the most comprehensive analysis of product and service standards and have become a bench mark for aviation industry for their products and services.
About Gulf Air
Founded in 1950, Gulf Air, owned by the Kingdom of Bahrain and the Sultanate of Oman, is the only truly Pan Gulf carrier in the Middle East region.
The regional, geographic and cultural values that the airline has embraced over more than half a century are still central to defining its brand and service ethos.
Today the airline’s network stretches from Europe to Asia and covers 50 cities in 30 countries. The fleet comprises 34 aircraft and has the distinct advantage of possessing the strongest network across the Middle East.
A platform for sustained commercial operation has been established over the past three years as part of a multi-phased turnaround programme. It has also provided a framework for a succession of innovative products and services including the unique Sky Chefs and Sky Nannies that form part of Gulf Air’s ’smart airline, successful business’ vision.
International recognition has been achieved as a result of the turnaround programme leading to numerous awards for the airline’s innovative and high quality products and services:
• Best Onboard Catering in First and Business Class (Skytrax World Airline Catering Awards 2005)
• Best designed in-flight magazine (American Creativity Awards,2005)
• Middle East Leading First Class Airline (World Travel Awards 2005)
• World’s Leading Airport Lounge (World Travel Awards 2005)
• Middle East & North African Platinum Best Airline (MENA Travel Awards 2004
• Most Improved Airline (Skytrax Awards 2004)
• Middle East First Class Airline (Arabian Business Awards)
• Best new product launch for in-flight services (PAX international Readership Awards)
• Best First Class Onboard Food (Skytrax Food Category 2004)
• Best Business Class Check-in (Skytrax Check-in Category 2004)
• Middle East region’s best airport restaurant for its restaurant in Bahrain International Airport lounge (PAX International Readership Awards 2005)