Gulf Bank Appoints Saleem Shaikh as General Manager of Risk
Gulf Bank has announced that it has appointed
Mr. Saleem Sheikh as Chief Risk Officer/ GM Risk Management at Gulf Bank, following the approval of the Central Bank of Kuwait.
Saleem has 29 years experience in the banking sector with internationally renowned companies: Citibank, Barclays and Arab Bank. He began his banking career with Citibank in 1981 and went on to hold a variety of senior corporate banking and Risk roles in Pakistan, UAE, Nigeria and South Africa.
Saleem joins us from Arab Bank, where he was the Group Chief Credit Officer from 2006 to 2009, responsible for credit risk practices and credit sanctioning, Credit Policy Supervision, Portfolio Management, Country Risk, and Cross Border exposure.
Before Arab Bank, Saleem had spent five years at Barclays, first as Chief Operating Officer, Africa Corporate and Merchant Banking, based in Johannesburg, and then as Regional Managing Director in Dubai with extended responsibilities for North Africa and the Middle East. Throughout that period, he was a member of the Executive Committee at Barclays Africa and the Middle East.
"We welcome Saleem to Gulf Bank. He has a very strong reputation and is known to be an outstanding risk practitioner. With his extensive business knowledge and experience, I know he will transform our Risk function and make it world class." said Mr. Michel Accad, Chief Executive Officer and Chief General Manager of Gulf Bank.
- Gulf Bank successfully completes the implementation of enterprise risk management system with SunGard
- emc appoints new district manager for saudi arabia
- Deutsche bank appoints Mounir Husseini as chief country officer for the UAE and general manager
- NBAD appoints Head of Trade Finance in Paris
- National Bank of Kuwait (NBK) in cooperation with Gulf Cooperation Council