Gulf Bank Hails Success of its Second Consecutive Sponsorship of Kuwait’s Financial Forum
Gulf Bank has successfully completed its Platinum sponsorship of the second Kuwait Annual Financial Forum, which was held from 31 October to 1 November 2010, under the patronage of the Prime Minister H.H. Sheikh Nasser Al-Mohammad Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah. The two day forum was attended by prominent figures, including H.E. Dr. Mohammad Sabah Al Salem Al-Sabah, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ahmad Al Haroon Minister of Commerce and Industry, and Ali Thunayan Alghanim, Chairman of Kuwait’s Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Gulf Bank’s senior management team attended the conference and Mr Michel Accad, Gulf Bank’s CGM and CEO, addressed the audience in a keynote speech “How Will Arab Banks Face up To the Next Phase?” In his speech Mr Accad commented that Kuwait’s banking sector is recovering well in the aftermath of global financial crisis supported in part by projects which are key to Kuwait’s long term development and prosperity.
This year, the Financial Forum highlighted topics that focused on the near term prospects in global economy recovery, the challenges presented in the development of Arab economies, the requirements as well as priorities for enhancing the international financial system, future reform implications of Arab banks, opportunities for greater investment projects across regional markets, and Kuwait’s development plan.
The Forum built on the success of the first Financial Forum held in 2009, attracting a prominent range of VIP figures in the finance and banking industry, Arab finance ministers from around the region, central bank governors, senior economists, bankers, and executive managers and heads of many banks and financial institutions in the Arab world.
- Gulf Bank hails the success of the 6th Euromoney Conference in Kuwait
- Gulf Bank wins ‘Best Retail Bank in Kuwait’ for Second Consecutive Year and ‘Best Retail Customer Service Bank in Kuwait’ Awards from International Finance Magazine
- Second Kuwait Financial Forum Endorsed by Prime Minister Nasser
- Gulf Bank hails the success of the 7th Euromoney Conference in Kuwait
- Gulf Bank Awards KD 5000 Prize to Winning Injaz Kuwait Student Company Gulf Bank a key sponsor of Injaz Kuwait’s ‘Battle of the Best’ 2008 competitio