Gunmen attack senior military commander in Egypt
An army spokesman reported on Wednesday that gunmen opened fire on a car of a senior military commanders in Egypt’s Sinai peninsula, reported AFP. Clashes between security forces and assailants ensued.
The commander was not hurt but one girl was caught in the exchange of fire and later died in the hospital, the army spokesman told AFP.
It is the latest in a string of attacks "targeting the army and the police in recent days with the aim of sowing chaos and harming the stability and national security of Egypt," the army stated.
- Gun battle in Sinai: Egyptian police exchange fire with mystery attackers
- Seven Israelis, seven armed men killed in clashes along Egypt border
- Sinai: At least 15 Egyptian soldiers killed in attack
- Sinai attack: Morsi sacks senior security officials
- Egyptian army kill three Islamic militants in Sinai crackdown