Habibi: Iran-Oman Cooperation can Deliver Peace in the Region
Cooperation between Oman and Iran in the strategic Arab Gulf and Oman Sea can help bring about a durable peace in the region, Iran's first vice-president, Hassan Habibi, was quoted by the Iranian News Agency (IRNA) as saying Tuesday.
He told visiting Oman's deputy prime minister for cabinet affairs, Sayed Fahd al-Said, that Iran and Oman enjoy friendly relations which, he added, can serve the interests of other regional states.
The Omani official arrived in Tehran Tuesday for three days of talks with Iranian officials, said the agency.
Habibi said Iran and Oman should boost their cooperation in the fields of oil, gas and customs, and improve their private sector businesses.
For his part, the Omani official praised Iran's policy of détente, and said Iran plays a significant role in bringing about a lasting peace in the region.
Political and economic relations between the two oil-producing countries have been good in the past three years, said the agency -- Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month in Egypt Marked by Dynamic New Cooperation among Advocates from U.S. and Middle East
- Exhibitions can help deliver boost
- Stronger public-private sector cooperation needed to boost user confidence and e-commerce adoption in Egypt
- Dubai Customs and Dubai Media Incorporated sign cooperation agreement and launch “Al Furdah” show on Sama Dubai TV
- Defying US, Russia Signs Military, Nuclear Cooperation Pact with Iran