Haj Application Requirements for UAE Residents
The Saudi Arabian embassy in the UAE is now accepting applications for those wishing to perform this year's pilgrimage to Mecca.
Gulf News daily reports that applicants need resident visas and can not have performed the Hajj in the last two years. Other information that must be produced are as follows:
1. A copy of their passport and 2 photos
2. A No-Objection letter by the sponsor addressed to the head of the consular department
3. A copy of the vaccination certificate against meningitis and infectious diseases
4. A copy of the air ticket for those traveling by air or a travel permit and drivers license for those traveling by land.
The deadline for land applications is Feb. 26 and for air travel, March 2. Those traveling by land must reach the country by March 6 and those by air, March 10.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Jordan issues temporary passports after Saudi rejects Haj visas in Israeli passports
- Expatriates in S. Arabia Allowed More Freedom of Movement
- Daman Prepares for Phase II of the Mandatory Health Law
- Saudi Arabia Ready to Receive Iraqi Pilgrims
- Israel prevents 386 pilgrims from Gaza Strip to travel to Saudi Arabia