Hamas says 10 Israeli soldiers killed in Beit Hanoun ambush
The Hamas-affiliated al-Qassam Brigades claimed responsibility on Friday for killing "at least" 10 Israeli soldiers after targeting an Israeli infantry unit with explosives in eastern Beit Hanoun.
Al-Qassam said in a statement that its fighters had led an infantry unit of 15 Israeli soldiers into an ambush in the area.
The statement added that al-Qassam fighters fired several anti-tank and RPG shells, and that there was an exchange of fire from close range as a result.
The statement claimed that the ambush caused the death of "at least 10 soldiers."
Israeli military spokeswoman said that she did not have any information on the incident.
Palestinian militants have killed at least 33 Israeli soldiers since the beginning of a ground invasion into the Gaza Strip last week.
- Israeli Soldier Dies of Wounds Suffered in Beit Hanoun Gunbattle
- Israeli forces leave Beit Hanoun after killing nine Palestinians
- Gaza Strip: 10 Palestinians killed, two senior Israeli officers wounded
- Hamas releases unconfirmed video of al-Qassam killing Israeli soldier
- Hamas Claims Responsibility for Killing Two Israeli Soldiers on Friday