Hamas Accuses PA of Stopping Revenge Attack against Israel
A senior official at the Palestinian resistance movement, Hamas, has accused the Palestinian Authority’s military intelligence of stopping an attack inside the Green Line following a bloody assault by Israeli combat helicopters in Nablus on Tuesday that killed eight, including five Hamas leaders.
A Hamas spokesman in Gaza, Abdul Aziz Rantissi, told the Lebanese Al Manar TV late in the day that activists from his group were heading from Gaza to Israel for an attack when two cars from the military intelligence chased them and stop the operation midstream.
Sources close to Hamas were quoted in a report by the Palestinian Information Center as confirming that the security men were members of Moussa Arafat’s military intelligence, adding that the fighters escaped arrest.
Rantissi called on “all honest people in the PA to use an iron fist against all the idiots, the apostates and those who mess with the security of the Palestinian people.”
On Monday, Palestinian security forces chased activists from the Islamic Jihad movement in Gaza and confiscated mortar bombs and launchers and other weapons they had in their possession – Albawaba.com
- Israel Accuses PA of Failing to Respond to Warning of Hamas Attack
- Hamas Vows Revenge for Nablus Massacre, PA Says Israel a Political Terrorist State
- Israel Accuses PA of Releasing Three Hamas Activists Involved in Bomb Attacks
- Hamas, PA say Israel wants to destroy calm
- Hamas not ready to stop attacks against Israel