Hamas agrees to hold talks with US, UK
The Hamas Movement agreed Sunday to hold talks with any international party, including the US and Britain, in addition to forging relations with all except Israel, Hamas spokesman, Musheir Al-Masri said.
Al-Masri said in statements to the Palestinian Radio, "Hamas welcomes any dialogue with international parties, except for Israel, if it is in the Palestinian interest."
He said, "Hamas had previously met with US and British officials, as Hamas is an important part of the Palestinian society and is willing to take part in the political partnership."
Media reports have recently said that the US administration and British government had forwarded messages to Hamas, stating that they are prepared for a joint dialogue.
- Hamas says US veto prevents Palestinian dialogue
- Sources: Fatah, Hamas hold unofficial contacts
- Spokesman: Hamas agrees to Palestinian PM's invitation to meet
- Hamas: Resumption of unity talks just after release of political prisoners
- Palestinian factions start Cairo dialogue; Hamas not ready for long truce