Hamas to Boycott Upcoming Central Council Meeting
The Islamic Resistance Movement Hamas has indicated that it will boycott the upcoming meeting of the PLO Central Council meeting in Gaza, reported the Palestine Information Center.
The meeting, slated to take place on 8th or 9th of September, is expected to discuss the latest developments in the "peace process" and the possibilities of declaring a state on September 13th.
An Islamist spokesperson in Gaza said Hamas didn't expect the council to take any constructive stance for Palestinian national interests, said the center.
"Let us not fool ourselves, the council is no more than just a rubber stamp in the hands of Yasser Arafat," said the Islamist spokesman who asked for anonymity.
Earlier, Hamas demanded that the council stick to its original decision to declare Palestinian statehood on 13th September as had been planned - Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Hamas Studying PA Invitation to Participate in Central Council's Meeting
- Fatah official confirms Hamas reconciliation attempts, upcoming Gaza visit
- Islamic Jihad partakes in PLO meeting, Hamas boycotts
- Hamas leader calls to boycott US-sponsored Middle East peace meeting
- PLO to Debate Upcoming Declaration of Independent State