Hamas claims Gaza Strip bombing attack; Four Israeli soldiers wounded
Four Israeli soldiers were wounded, one with serious wounds, when a car bomb exploded Wednesday under a bridge leading to the Gaza Strip settlement of Kfar Darom.
The car - a civilian jeep draped with an Israeli flag and packed with as much as 300 kilograms of explosives was spotted by soldiers on patrol near the settlement. The soldiers opened fire on the vehicle and it exploded. The driver was killed.
Israel Radio said that the explosion caused two motorists near the area to collide.
Hamas claimed responsibility for the attack. The bomber was identified as Tareq Diyab Hmeid, 24, from Nusseirat refugee camp. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israeli convoy attacked in Gaza Strip; four soldiers wounded
- Hamas, Fatah claim bombing attack at Gaza Strip Crossing: Four Israeli troops dead
- Israeli Civilian Lightly Wounded from Bomb Explosion in Gaza
- Gaza Strip: Car bombing attack wounds two Israeli soldiers
- Gaza Strip: Four Israeli soldiers killed in tank blast; Hamas claims attack