Hamas claims to kill Israeli agent in Gaza City
The body of a Palestinian man was found in a Gaza City street Saturday, and Hamas said it executed him on suspicion he provided information that helped Israel to assassinate the group's founder and nine others.
Hassan Musallam, in his 20s, had been missing from his home for several days. He was shot dead two days after Israel assassinated the deputy chief of the Hamas military wing, Adnan al-Ghoul, in an airstrike.
According to The AP, Hamas spokesman Mushir al-Masri said the killing of the suspected informer was a warning to others. Those who come forward and repent during the current holy month of Ramadan would not be harmed physically, al-Masri noted.
The Hamas military wing, Izzedine al Qassam, said Musallam was interrogated and "provided us with information and details about the way he assisted the Zionist enemy in carrying out the crimes of assassination." (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Gaza Strip: Senior Hamas figure, four other Palestinians dead; Blast kills Israeli soldier
- Hamas denies Israeli press reports about identity of new Hamas leader in Gaza Strip
- In fear of Hamas response: Israel to strengthen security around ministers
- Hamas: Fatah reveals military secrets to enemy
- Gaza Strip: Israel assassinates top Hamas military commander, two other Palestinians killed