Hamas condemns US attack on Fallujah
The Islamic Resistance Movement, Hamas, Saturday congratulated the Muslim Ummah (nation) on the advent of Eidul Fitr and strongly denounced the American aggression on the Iraqi city of Fallujah.
The Movement said in a press release that the American aggression involved the most advanced weapons in attacking unarmed civilians at the pretext of tracking down what the Americans called “terrorists” who in fact were only resistance fighters demanding the withdrawal of US occupation soldiers from Iraq.
“The Hamas Movement declares solidarity with all sects and layers of the Iraqi people and asks the entire Ummah to support the Iraqi people on the political, media, financial and moral levels,” the statement said.
It further urged the Iraqi people to unite ranks in face of the brutal aggression, pointing out that the American occupation did not target a certain party or location but rather the entire land of Iraq. (albawaba.com)
- Following Saddam capture: Hamas, Islamic Jihad say Iraqi resistance against occupation to continue, US to pay ''price''
- Hamas official says no reason to talk of ceasefire deal until occupation aggression ends as Israel makes further arrests
- Fierce fighting in Fallujah: At least 10 US troops, '\'71'\' Iraqi fighters killed so far
- Assad congratulates Hamas for victory in Gaza war
- Iran, Iraq and Hamas Reject Bush Statements