Hamas Convict Captured after Escaping for Third Time
Palestinian security forces captured a Hamas convict Thursday after escaping for the third time from prison, by disguising himself as a woman and walking out with visitors, reported The Associated Press, quoting a security official.
Jamil Jadallah, who was ordered jailed for life by a Palestinian court for killing two Israelis, was found hiding in the West Bank city of Nablus, the official said on condition of anonymity.
He had escaped last Saturday, said the AP.
Palestinian police captured Jadallah in October 1998, shortly after the two Israelis were killed in separate incidents.
He escaped for the first time in December 1998 and was recaptured in February 1999. In February of this year he escaped for a second time but was recaptured after a couple of days, said the agency - Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Hamas Leader Reportedly Flees Prison Following Israeli Raid on Nablus
- Hamas Military Chief Escapes from Palestinian Prison
- Report: Palestinian Security Forces Kidnapped Collaborator from Israel
- Two Palestinians Executed for Collaborating with Israel
- Palestinians Suspected of Lynching Israeli Soldiers Reported Captured by Israeli Security Agents