Hamas Declares Responsibility for Tel Aviv Bombing
The Islamic Resistance Movement, Hamas, has declared responsibility for the bomb attack on an Israeli bus in Tel Aviv, reported Al Jazira satellite channel, quoting the Israeli radio.
At least thirteen people were injured when the explosion rocked an Israeli bus near Tel Aviv on Thursday, Israeli police said.
"This is part of the Palestinian response to the ongoing Israeli aggressions against the Palestinian people. The intifada (uprising) continues and this is evidence that the Palestinian people are sticking to their rights," Ismail Abu Shanab, a Hamas leader in the Gaza Strip, told AFP.
Thirteen people were injured, most of them lightly, when at least one bomb exploded in an Israeli bus in Tel Aviv early on Thursday afternoon, Israeli medical officials said.
However, political leaders of Hamas did not confirm the group’s responsibility for the attack.
Asked if Hamas was responsible for the Tel Aviv bombing, Abu Shanab said: "No one has taken responsibility. It is not important who carried out this action, only that it is a son of the Palestinian people."
Al Jazira said two explosives planted in the vehicle were detonated, while a third did not explode.
Citing Israeli sources, the station said that something must have gone wrong with the explosives, which explains their weak effect. – (Several Sources)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Islamic Jihad Brigades Claims Responsibility for Gaza Attack
- Hamas claims suicide bombing attack near Tel Aviv, PA condemns killing of civilians
- Tel Aviv bus bombing suspect is arrested
- Suicide bombing attack near Tel Aviv: at least 15 dead, scores injured; Hamas claims responsibility
- Bomb explodes on railraod south of Tel Aviv, one Israeli injured; PA, Islamic groups in ceasefire talks