Hamas denies Dubai claim on Mossad agent within the group
Chief of Dubai Police Lt Gen Dahi Khalfan stated Sunday that "an agent in Hamas movement for the Mossad leaked information and access about the senior military leader Mahmoud Mabhouh's trip to Dubai." Speaking to Al Bayan daily, Khalfan said a person from the close circle of Mabhouh conveyed the information regarding his arrival to Dubai, which led to his death." He pointed out that "this was the only person who knows Mabhouh coming to Dubai and leaked the information. Thus, he is the actual killer."
However, Hamas was quick to criticize the remarks made by Khalfan and issued a statement saying: "Hamas confirms that direct cooperation with the authorities in Dubai regarding the assassination of Mahmoud Mabhouh is required instead of making statements to the media." It added that Hamas does not accept the accusations. Hamas' statement also stressed that the movement began its own investigation to determine the circumstances of the "crime."
Meanwhile, the UAE Foreign Ministry summoned some European ambassadors to the country in order to urge them to cooperate with the investigation.
- Report: New Zealand has proof detained Israelis are Mossad agents
- Canada denies Dubai police chief claim on Mossad agent arrest
- Dubai denies cooperation over infamous Israeli 'Prisoner X'
- Reports: Saddam to address Iraqi people within 72 hours; operations against US forces escalate
- Dubai police chief: Hamas leader was assassinated by a group of 11 persons