Hamas, Fatah jointly claim Erez border suicide bombing
One Israeli killed and three others were injured Saturday afternoon in a suicide bombing at the Erez crossing, which leads from the Gaza Strip into Israel.
The military wings of Hamas and Fatah movement claimed joint responsibility for the attack, which occurred at around 4 P.M. (local time), according to Israeli reports. Hamas and Fatah identified the suicide bomber as Fadi Al-Amoudi, aged 22, from Beit Lahiyah in the Gaza Strip.
One of the Israelis sustained serious-to-moderate wounds and the other two were lightly injured, the rescue services said. The wounded were taken to a hospital in Be'er Sheva for treatment.
The blast apparently took place at the exit point used by the thousands of Palestinians who pass through the terminal every day after returning to Gaza from work inside Israel.
This marks the fourth suicide attack this year. In January, a suicide bomber blew himself up at the exact same location, killing four Israeli soldiers. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Hamas Claims Responsibility for Erez Suicide Attack, Fateh for Attempt on Mofaz’s Life
- Hamas, Fatah claim bombing attack at Gaza Strip Crossing: Four Israeli troops dead
- 22 suicide cases in Casablanca reported by local hospital
- Fatah, Hamas claim attacks
- Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades claim suicide attack in Israeli town