Hamas fighters, Israeli soldiers clash and rockets fired despite declared truce
Israeli forces and Palestinian fighters exchanged fire in the Gaza Strip on Sunday, hours after Israel declared a unilateral ceasefire, the Israeli military and Hamas sources said. There were also reports of rocket fire at Israel on Sunday morning. According to Israeli reports, at least six rockets were fired from the Strip.
Hamas said the Gaza war wil continue. Hamas leaders said they would keep firing rockets at Israel until it withdrew its troops. "These constitute acts of war so this won't mean an end to resistance," Hamas spokesman Fawzi Barhoum said, according to Reuters. it would not accept the presence of a single Israeli soldier in the Gaza Strip and would "continue to resist them", he said.
- Gaza Strip: Clashes continue despite truce
- Doctors in Gaza forced to use vegetable fridges to store bodies as Hamas denies killing kidnapped soldier
- Fire exchanges continue as Hamas, Israel declare readiness for ceasefire
- Lebanon: Despite declared truce, clashes continue in Tripoli
- Gaza Strip: Sporadic exchanges of fire after factions declare truce