Hamas: Gaps remain in talks with Israel over exchange deal
A senior Hamas official on Monday said the group is still sparring with Israel over the names of 50 prisoners it wants released in exchange for a captive Israeli soldier. According to the Hamas official, Israel is still balking at including prominent political leaders and top Hamas members it holds.
In Gaza Strip, Hamas' interior minister said he hoped a deal would be reached by year's end.
- Top Palestinian official slams Israeli sanctions as "piracy"
- Israel kills Palestinian boy, no progress in prisoner exchange talks
- Hamas leader: Israel creating obstacles to reach prisoner exchange deal
- Israel pours cold water on reports regarding progress in Palestinian prisoners exchange deal talks
- Israel asks Clinton to mediate prisoner exchange deal with Hamas