Hamas: Gaps remain in talks with Israel over exchange deal
A senior Hamas official on Monday said the group is still sparring with Israel over the names of 50 prisoners it wants released in exchange for a captive Israeli soldier. According to the Hamas official, Israel is still balking at including prominent political leaders and top Hamas members it holds.
In Gaza Strip, Hamas' interior minister said he hoped a deal would be reached by year's end.
- Hamas, Israel reach prisoner exchange deal
- Two Hamas men killed; Israel moves closer to prisoners exchange deal with Hamas
- Hamas insists on release of 450 prisoners in exchange for captive Israeli soldier
- Hamas, Israel resume prisoner exchange deal talks
- Signs of imminent prisoners deal between Israel and Hamas