Hamas warns Israel against retaliation for teens' murder
The Palestinian resistance movement Hamas has warned against any Israeli attack on Palestinians in retaliation for the death of three Israeli teenagers.
Sami Abu Zuhri, a Hamas spokesman, said on Monday that if the occupiers escalate the situation or start a war, the resistance movement will respond to the aggression.
“[Prime Minister Benjamin] Netanyahu should know that his threats don’t scare Hamas,” Abu Zuhri said. “If he wages war on the Gaza Strip, the gates of hell will be opened.”
He said the disappearance and murder of the three Israelis is only based on the Israeli narrative.
He added that Tel Aviv is trying to use the story as an excuse to crack down on the Palestinians and Hamas.
The bodies of the Israeli teenagers were reportedly discovered near the village of Halhul north of the city of al-Khalil (Hebron).
Hamas had earlier denied involvement in the alleged disappearance of the teens.
The resistance movement had said Israel is trying to sabotage the recent reconciliation accord reached between the Palestinian factions of Hamas and Fatah, which led to the formation of the Palestinian national unity government earlier this month.
- Israeli police refutes claim that Hamas kidnapped Israeli teens
- Israel arrests dozens of Hamas members in search for missing teens
- Israel Braces for Retaliation after Deadliest Strikes Yet
- Israel continues West Bank offensive; Two senior Hamas activists arrested as Fatah vows to retaliate Barghouti detention