Hamas Leader calls on all Muslims to Defend Jerusalem Holy Sites
A leader of the Palestinian Islamic resistance group Hamas Saturday called for all Muslims to rise up in defense of Islamic holy sites in Jerusalem.
Khaled Meshaal, head of the Hamas political bureau, said "the situation is very grave. It means all the children of Islam must unite to save Al-Qods (the Arabic name for Jerusalem) and Al-Aqsa (the Jerusalem mosque which is Islam's third holiest site)."
"All the Muslims of the world should rise up to strengthen their control over the sacred sites of Al-Qods," Meshaal told journalists on arriving in Tehran for a visit.
"The situation in Palestine is extremely grave," he added, referring to clashes with Israeli security forces this week that have left eight Palestinians dead and hundreds injured - DOHA (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Islamists Call for Holy War after Israeli 'Massacre'
- Middle East Islamists Call for Holy War against Israel
- Israel Expects more Trouble on Palestinian ‘Day of Rage’ Friday
- Palestinians Accuse Israel of Blocking Access to Jerusalem Holy Sites
- Four Palestinians Injured During Clashes with Police in Jerusalem