Hamas in no hurry to reach prisoners swap deal with Israel
Hamas on Sunday denied media reports that the case of captured Israeli soldier, Gilad Shalit will be delivered to a third party. Ismail Redwan of Hamas confirmed that his group is not in a hurry for sorting out the Shalit affair, as the whole issue is still being worked out by Hamas and Egypt.
Redwan added that Hamas does not want to reach an agreement on this issue as long as Israel closes the border crossings and doesn't lift the siege of Gaza Strip completely.
Talks over the captured Israeli soldier have been stalled for the past several months, as Israel refuses a list of Palestinian prisoners that Hamas demands as requirement for Shalit to be freed in prisoners swap.
- Israel refuses to free Palestinian prisoners for video of soldier
- Hamas insists on release of 450 prisoners in exchange for captive Israeli soldier
- Hamas, Israel reach prisoner exchange deal
- Report: Egypt wants Hamas to shorten prisoners list
- Spokesman: Hamas demands release of prisoners from all factions