Hamas lauds Jordan's support for Palestinians in Jerusalem
Hamas leader Ismael Haniyeh on Tuesday lauded Jordan’s continued support for the Palestinian people living under Israeli occupation.
During a visit on Tuesday to Jordan’s field hospital in the coastal enclave, dubbed “Gaza 26”, Haniyeh highly valued the Kingdom’s unaltered role in safeguarding Al Aqsa Mosque and all holy sites in Jerusalem.
Haniyeh said that his visit to the Jordanian hospital came to emphasise the Kingdom’s efforts in the face of Israeli measures aimed at Judaising Jerusalem and Al Aqsa Mosque, saying that the Old City “is undergoing its most critical stages”. “Under whatever circumstances, we will not accept the Palestinian question to be resolved at the expense of Jordan’s interests,” he stressed.
Haniyeh also expressed appreciation of the medical services Jordan’s military hospital offers to the Palestinians in Gaza.
- Incoming Palestinian Prime Minister: Hamas wants to end fight with Israel
- Hamas leader to Palestinians: Don't listen to Bush lies
- Palestinian Authority Releases Seven Members of Hamas
- Haniyeh warns against concessions to Israel
- Hamas to invite Fatah to form coalition, as leader says ”World shouldn't fear Hamas”