Hamas rejects Israeli conditions for Gaza ceasefire
Hamas will not accept Israeli conditions for a ceasefire and would continue armed resistance until the offensive ends, Khaled Meshaal, the leader of the movement, said on Friday. "I assure you: despite all the destruction in Gaza, we will not accept Israel’s conditions for a ceasefire," he said.
Speaking at the opening of an emergency meeting on Gaza in Doha, Meshaal called on the leaders present to cut all ties with the Jewish state.
During his speech, the Hamas leader also called to bring to justice Israeli leaders and officers for crimes against humanity in Gaza. Meshaal conveyed that after the Gaza war ends, his movement will welcome Arab involvement in initiating unity talks among Palestinians.
- Israel rejects ceasefire, accuses Hamas of violations
- Gaza: War continues despite calls for ceasefire
- Israel-Hamas ceasefire enters third day as talks continue
- Suicide bomber kills Israeli cop; Palestinian, two Israelis shot dead in West Bank; Israel rejects ceasefire plan
- Hamas rejects ceasefire officially, Israel pounds Gaza as death toll climbs