Hamas rejects Israeli conditions for Gaza ceasefire
Hamas will not accept Israeli conditions for a ceasefire and would continue armed resistance until the offensive ends, Khaled Meshaal, the leader of the movement, said on Friday. "I assure you: despite all the destruction in Gaza, we will not accept Israel’s conditions for a ceasefire," he said.
Speaking at the opening of an emergency meeting on Gaza in Doha, Meshaal called on the leaders present to cut all ties with the Jewish state.
During his speech, the Hamas leader also called to bring to justice Israeli leaders and officers for crimes against humanity in Gaza. Meshaal conveyed that after the Gaza war ends, his movement will welcome Arab involvement in initiating unity talks among Palestinians.
- Exiled Hamas leader: we will refuse a truce unless gaza blockade lifted
- Hamas leader says ”black destiny” awaits Israeli troops in Gaza
- Meshaal declares victory, calls for talks with international community
- Abbas, Meshaal to meet Sunday to discuss Gaza truce
- Exiled Hamas leader makes first ever visit to Gaza