Hamas Slams Visiting CIA Chief
The Palestinian Islamic resistance movement, Hamas accused visiting CIA Director George Tenet on Friday of inciting Palestinian infighting and vowed the movement would continue its attacks against Israelis, reported Reuters.
Abdel-Aziz Al Rantissi, a top Hamas official, said the US spy chief, who met Israeli and Palestinian officials on Thursday to try to end nearly nine months of bloodshed in Gaza and the West Bank, would fail to stop the Palestinian uprising.
"Tenet is trying to turn the struggle into a Palestinian-Palestinian struggle by inciting the Palestinian Authority against its own people and giving excuses for the Zionist aggressors," Rantissi told Reuters.
"He (Tenet) will fail to do so as the Palestinian Authority will not succumb to pressures. His mission will not bring stability and will not stop the Intifada (uprising)," he added.
Israel demands that 34 Hamas and Islamic Jihad activists be sent back to jail by the PA, after they were released during the Intifada, said reports - Albawaba.com
- CIA Chief, Mubarak Hold Brief Talks, Next Palestinian-Israeli Security Meeting Set for Sunday
- Report: CIA Chief to Supervise Palestinian-Israeli Security Meeting in Cairo Friday
- Hamas Warns Palestinian Authority against Cooperation with CIA
- PA slams Hamas chief comments on calm with Israel
- CIA Chief Set for Talks with Israeli, Palestinian Leaders to Shore Up Ceasefire