Hamas Spiritual Leader Denounces Israeli-Palestinian Ceasefire
The spiritual leader of the Islamic militant group Hamas, Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, Tuesday condemned the ceasefire accord reached at the Sharm el-Sheikh summit, and called for a continuation of the uprising against Israel.
"This accord does not commit us because it was imposed by Israel and the United States on the Palestinian people and does not meet their demands," Yassin told journalists at his home in Gaza
"We are going to continue our struggle against the occupation, and the al-Aqsa Intifada' will continue," he added.
The violence erupted across the West Bank and Gaza Strip after a visit by Israel's hardline opposition leader, Ariel Sharon, on September 28 to the al-Aqsa mosque compound, the third holiest site in Islam – GAZA CITY (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Hamas Spiritual Leader Calls for Armed Struggle against Israel
- Israel Expects more Trouble on Palestinian ‘Day of Rage’ Friday
- Fateh Says Palestinian Uprising will Continue despite Sharm Accord
- Hamas vows revenge after Israeli attempt to assassinate Sheikh Yassin
- Hamas\' Sheikh Yassin Calls on Palestinian Delegation to Pull out from Summit