Hamas Takes Responsibility for Attack on Jewish Settlement
The Islamic Palestinian resistance Hamas movement has taken responsibility for the attack on the area of Kiosk at the Jewish settlement of Mehola in the Jordan Valley last Friday, reported The Jerusalem Post newspaper Tuesday.
Three Israeli soldiers were injured when a suicide bomber detonated a bomb there, the paper added.
Hamas identified the bomber as a student from Hebron, according to the daily.
Palestinian factions carried out several bomb attacks against Israelis almost three weeks after the outbreak of the Intifada.
The violence exploded when Israel’s opposition leader Ariel Sharon visited Al Aqsa mosque on the 28th of September 2000. The visit was slammed as provocative and the main reason for the collapse of the decade-old peace process – Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israel Accuses PA of Releasing Three Hamas Activists Involved in Bomb Attacks
- Hamas Declares Responsibility for Tel Aviv Bombing
- Hamas Vows to Intensify Intifada, Calls for Clashes every Friday
- Attack on Jewish Settlement In Gaza Strip: Five Settlers Killed, Hamas Claims Responsibility; Assailant Shot Dead
- Hamas claims Gaza Strip bombing attack; Four Israeli soldiers wounded