Hariri assassination: Syria vows to cooperate with UN investigation committee
Head of the International Investigation Committee on the assassination of former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafiq al-Hariri, Detliv Mehlis, arrived in Damascus on Monday to start his mission.
"Syria will fully cooperate with the international investigation committee and offer it all possible facilitations, especially that Syria is very concerned in exposing the truth about the crime of the assassinating Hariri, since this will be in its interest," an informed source confirmed to the Syrian Arab News Agency (SANA).
Mehlis was received at the Syrian-Lebanese crossing point by the legal advisor at the Foreign Ministry Riyadh al-Dawoudi.
- Syria vows to withdraw from Lebanon, offers help for Hariri assassination probe
- Syrian Investigation Committee into Hariri assassination starts to work
- Hariri assassination: Chief U.N. investigator ”optimistic” about Syrian cooperation
- Hariri assassination: UN starts to investigate Syrians in Austria
- Mehlis: Hariri investigation could take years