Hariri Starts Visit to Kuwait for Signing Economic Agreements
Lebanese Prime Minister Rafiq Hariri started Saturday a two-day visit to Kuwait during which he is expected to sign several economic agreements with the Gulf country, reported the Kuwaiti News Agency (KUNA).
He was received at the airport by Kuwait's Crown Prince and Prime Minister, Sheikh Saad Abdullah al-Sabah, and other senior officials.
The emir, Sheikh Jaber al-Ahmad al-Sabah, is due to receive Hariri on Sunday, said the agency.
The Lebanese premier, on his fifth official visit to Kuwait since 1993, is to sign agreements on joint taxation, investment promotion and road transport.
The agency said that parliament speaker, Jassem Khorafi, held talks with the Lebanese premier.
Khorafi, according to KUNA, praised Lebanon's support for Kuwait, and pledged to enhance bilateral cooperation in various fields -- Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Hariri Arrives in Kuwait to Strengthen Bilateral Ties
- Hariri: Kuwait Pledges to Fund Water, Power Project in South Lebanon
- Kuwait\'s Emir Asks Crown Prince to Form New Cabinet
- Kuwait\'s Emir Meets Parliament Chief, Premier over New Cabinet
- Kuwait’s Parliament Speaker Denies Crown Prince, Minister at Odds